The Hibiscus Hula (Cocktail!)


I'd like to wish a (slightly belated) Happy New Year to all of my readers! Let's toast to 2014!

I know there are probably a few of you who have either sworn off alcohol for awhile or have vowed to "go light" in a post-holiday detox. But, I promise, this cocktail is incredibly refreshing! The Hibiscus Hula will literally dance on your taste buds. It's a perfect addition to any weekend brunch! (What can I say, I'm a fan of vodka in the morning.) 




The ingredent list is a short and simple one: POM Hula, Absolut Hibiskus, lemon, and sparkling water.

While I've had POM Hula before, a tropical twist to my favorite brand of pomegranate, Absolut Hibiskus was a new taste for me. The vodka is infused with tangy, floral hibiscus and pomegranate. Do you see how I came up with this drink? The two seemed like a match made in cocktail heaven! (Remember this pineapple/hibiscus combo??)


The result is something bright and fresh for guilt-free drinking! The hibiscus, pineapple, and pomegranate are slightly sweet, a kiss of citrus highlights the tart notes, and sparkling water adds just the right amount of effervescence. (Everything feels a little more glamorous when it sparkles, right? Mmm bubbles.)


The Hibiscus Hula (makes single cocktail)

Print Recipe

Ingredients:
2 parts POM Hula
1 part Absolut Hibiskus
Lemon Wedge
Sparkling Water
Lemon Slices, for garnish
*All ingredients should be thoroughly chilled before serving.
  1.  In an ice-filled glass, combine the pomegranate juice and vodka. Add a squeeze of lemon juice, then top with sparkling water. Garnish with a lemon slice.
  2. Enjoy!