"You should start a food blog."

After posting tons of pictures of food on Instagram and Twitter, I noticed I'd get a lot of recipe requests. And, as you could imagine, it's a little difficult to fit an entire recipe within an Instagram comment or a 140 character tweet. The you-should-start-a-food-blog comments soon followed.

I wrote a few guest post's on Jaymee Sire's E is for Eat (see: here, here, here, and here!), and really enjoyed the whole process. All the great feedback that I received was also much appreciated. So, I decided, it was time. I told myself, "You should start a food blog."

This, however, was one of those times when saying it and doing it are two very different things. I started to get caught up in..."Well, what do I name it?"..."What should it look like?"..."HOW DO I DO THIS?!" Next thing I knew, weeks had gone by and I hadn't really come up with anything. (Yayyy, procrastination!) Things started to finally fall into place recently and ideas started to click.

Inspired by a family vacation to the Philippines, I came up with Mangoes & Palm Trees! Food and traveling are two of my absolute FAVORITE things in the world, so I decided that these would be the focus of my blog.

I also know identities can get lost in the plethora of food blogs that are out there today, so I wanted to really introduce my style and background before anything else. I'll be starting with a series of posts about my trip to the Philippines...the food, the places, the experiences...and let you all know a little more about me! So stay tuned, and I hope you enjoy! :)